Creating a more vivid sky in Lightroom can be done quickly and easily using just a few simple adjustments and tweaks.In this tutorial, I will run you through how to create a more vivid sky using the Lightroom adjustment brush tool & the steps you can take to create your own effects for future use!
Stay tuned at the end of this tutorial for an exclusive FREEBIE!
Step 1. Open the brush toolIn the Develop module, choose the brush icon underneath the histogram to open the brush tool settings.
2. Choose a new brushTo start a new adjustment brush, click on "New" at the top. Also make sure that the black arrow in the adjustment panel is pointed down to expand the effects options.
3. Make your brush adjustments for a vivid skyIn order for your sky to appear more vivid, decrease the exposure and increase the saturation for a color boost.
4. Add in extra colorFor extra color & vibrancy, choose a suitable color from the color settings to add to your brush adjustments.
5. Brush on the effectsChoose the correct size brush and brush over the entire area of the sky with the options we just chose in the adjustments panel.
6. Edit brush stroke amount & finishOnce you have applied the brush over the entire sky, minimize the effects win by clicking on the black arrow. Now you can move the amount slide back and forth to achieve the right amount of vibrance & color to your sky. When you are finished, press done at the bottom right of the image.
Using this technique can be applied to all variations of skies in your photos in just a few steps!
Download this FREE sky brush used in this photo HERE.
So, whatcha think? Did you learn something new???
Let us know by commenting below & share with us your favorite takeaway from this tutorial. We can't wait to see what you have to say!
We create Lightroom tutorials based on your words of encouragement, so your feedback is more important than you know!